SMALL GROUP TAMALE WORKSHOP
Get hands-on instruction in making everyone’s favorite Mexican holiday staple: tamales!
Learn the secrets to making authentic tamales in a half-day workshop led by South Texas native, Jack Matusek. In addition to using a time-tested recipe handed down over generations, Jack shares his butcher’s secrets in properly selecting, seasoning and preparing the special hog’s head filling.
Group size is limited to 8 to 10 people to ensure maximum attention from Jack.
Location is flexible and can be customize for your shop, kitchen or in Jack’s Cucina.
- Enjoy an evening of instruction with world-traveled butcher, Jack Matusek. (2 to 2.5 hours)
- Observe and assist as Jack demonstrates a ½ carcass breakdown.
- Discover a butcher’s secrets of selecting the best pork, to meat seasoning, and grinding techniques.
- Learn to prepare an authentic heritage sausage using a time-tested recipe.
- Get hands-on experience in grinding, mixing, as well as learning the proper techniques for casing stuffing and hand tying.
- Finish by setting back and enjoying a tasting of ethnic sausages complemented with locally brewed beers.
- mall group sizes with a maximum of 25 people ensure a personalized experience.
What the Workshop Includes:
- A customized sausage kit including a butcher’s apron and take-home recipes.
- Offerings of a variety of heritage sausages accompanied with sides, handcrafted breads, and regionally brewed craft beer.
- All ingredients including organic pork and beef, seasonings, and organic casings.
- Culinary utensils and requisite cookware.
- A take-home bag of fresh sausages for you to enjoy.
- 7 days prior to the scheduled event - no cancellation fee.
- 3-6 days prior the scheduled event - 50% cancellation fee.
- 2 days and less prior the scheduled event - 100% cancellation fee.
Please advise of any food allergies or gluten restrictions when booking the workshop.