BRATS & BREWS
Dig in and get hands-on instruction as you learn the craft of making delicious heritage sausages while sampling regional craft beers.
This sausage-making workshop is the perfect opportunity for you and your friends to dig in and truly experience the craft of making delicious heritage sausages while enjoying regional craft beers. Begin by feasting on a variety of ethnic sausages from around the world – each complimented with handcrafted breads and locally brewed beers. Then set back and watch a ½ carcass breakdown, led by butcher Jack Matusek. Observe and assist as he takes you through the process of a breakdown in the traditional French style. Next, watch and learn as Jack demonstrates simple sausage making techniques before dividing into small groups where you will try your hand at sausage making.
Workshop includes ½ carcass breakdown demonstration, full sausage making instruction, organic pork and beef, fresh seasonings, recipes, and apron. Also included are gourmet heritage sausages for sampling with handcrafted breads and regionally brewed beers.
Group size is limited to 25 people to ensure maximum attention from Jack.
Location is flexible and can be customized for your restaurant, shop, or personal kitchen.
- Enjoy an evening of instruction with world-traveled butcher, Jack Matusek. (2 to 2.5 hours)
- Observe and assist as Jack demonstrates a ½ carcass breakdown.
- Discover a butcher’s secrets of selecting the best pork, to meat seasoning, and grinding techniques.
- Learn to prepare an authentic heritage sausage using a time-tested recipe.
- Get hands-on experience in grinding, mixing, as well as learning the proper techniques for casing stuffing and hand tying.
- Finish by setting back and enjoying a tasting of ethnic sausages complemented with locally brewed beers.
- mall group sizes with a maximum of 25 people ensure a personalized experience.
What the Workshop Includes:
- A customized sausage kit including a butcher’s apron and take-home recipes.
- Offerings of a variety of heritage sausages accompanied with sides, handcrafted breads, and regionally brewed craft beer.
- All ingredients including organic pork and beef, seasonings, and organic casings.
- Culinary utensils and requisite cookware.
- A take-home bag of fresh sausages for you to enjoy.
- 7 days prior to the scheduled event - no cancellation fee.
- 3-6 days prior the scheduled event - 50% cancellation fee.
- 2 days and less prior the scheduled event - 100% cancellation fee.
Please advise of any food allergies or gluten restrictions when booking the workshop.
Jack is happy to offer long-distance workshops. Travel arrangements and expenses will be quoted separately.